Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Officer


Officer
This by far is my favorite class to play. Although it's a rather squishy (esspecially against DSJ) I love it and it's extremely fun to play.

This class is intended for group support and AoE attacks. It's niether a great offensive or defensive prof. Officer's are weak in defense. You want to increase your basic defense and health to be able to take more damage. As officer you are going to have to get use to LoS'ing (Line of Sight) if you break line of sight they can't damage you. Use those walls to your advantage on the battle field.

To start I suggest getting a General Set Jewelry Set. It's incredible set to have constantly giving action for you and your team members as well as decreasing the group buffs action and CD timer. This also gives you a reset chance on your heal which *really help's out*. Like I suggested a capped set of Primus Battle Armor. Mod's would be Con, BV, Str (health block suit) As exotics I suggest Pistol Damage, Healing Potency, Block Chance. PuP's (power ups) would be x2 Block Chance x1 Pistol Damage or x1 Healing Potency depending on the situation your in. For food get a cap Breath of Heaven this is the best food in SWG because of it's universal effect on any prof. You can never go wrong with BoH (Breath of Heaven) ;). On the weapon get a capped P8 for the extra range with either heat or acid elemental. Heat for extra damage and Acid for Crits increase for short duration really up to you. I would advise on getting either a Gackle Bat or Mouse Droid. I love stacking Con you can never go wrong with health you know will be there instead of maybe dodging some attacks. Entertainer buff would go as follows 3K kin/eng Armors, Crit, Con, 6% 2nd chance. This will help you heal/tankish...no officer is tank, but with this I was able to tank the Clench Fist of Hate...now that is a incredible feat just me and a medic up and we did it. The general set also lets you flush out all DoT's and Negative buffs very fast making it huge help against commando's, medics, and pretty much any other prof. I would hug the walls, but use up pistol attacks and AoE's as often as possible. Even though you are the General Officer if you are doing it right you will be the one in the group with the lowest amount of action during battles/instances I know I am half the time. Hope this helps. In the expertise pic I have both melee and range specials. I love doing this and actually simpler to use then it looks. Set up a toolbar on your primary with all your pistol specials and everything you need along with your pistol on the toolbar (this help so you can just click to use when you have a melee weapon equipped and makes it easy to switch between). Now make a toolbar slot on the one directly above it with the same order you have in the primary toolbar except this time switch out the pistol specials for melee specials and add your melee weapon to where the pistol would be. Example: I'm in battlefield and I spot a medic I switch to toolbar 2 where my melee is root and apply DoT pop SFP and shoot off all my AoE's, Then I quickly go to toolbar 1 and switch to pistol and continue shooting at a distance with every special as soon it's off CD I can do serious damage this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment